Monday, September 10, 2007

And they're off...

Since I attended a horse race for the first time this week the title seemed appropriate.

Let me start off by giving you some thoughts on what I want to do here.

I'm a fan of Fantasy literature. I read my first fantasy novel at age 8 (the Hobbit) and have never looked back. I wonder how many others from the pre-Harry Potter generations were first introduced to fantasy by Tolkien or C.S. Lewis. I expect it is a pretty high percentage. (I smell a future poll question).

As I mentioned I am a lover of Fantasy literature and Science Fiction as well though I favor swords, knights and dragons over laser cannons, time travellers and aliens. Over the next days, months, and years I hope to share a little of my passion with you as well. I will try my best to make this space as active as possible though I also don't want to get in the (bad) habit of posting just for postings sake. If I have reviews or news to share I'll post. If nothing more exciting than I woke up, went to work, and came home happens, I'll spare you the eye strain of reading it.

Let me also say up front I am a reader not a writer. My grammar and spelling are far from perfect though I try to make things readable. Despite 25 years at a keyboard I never learned to properly type and so my typing tends to lag way behind my thoughts leading to errors. One you'll see frequently I'm sure is with homophones. While I fully understand the differences between their, they're and there I will assuredly type the wrong one. My mind knows what it wants but the lagging fingers sometimes just type the first one they think of. So please bear with me. (I also like to misuse and abuse parenthesis, accept my flaws and love me for them).

Since I have a lot of initial things I want to say this will likely be a rare multi-post day.

Let's enjoy this journey together and hope it leads to something wonderful in the end.

Einroy (no I won't sign all my posts, yes I will continue to use the afore mentioned parenthesis)

No comments: